Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Figs

I love figs. Figs are some of my favorite food in the world. I was thrilled when a friend told me I could come over and pick as many as I wanted. These are beautiful, ripe green figs, fresh from the tree.
The first thing I made was broiled figs with honey, goat cheese, and marcona almonds. This is an extremely simple recipe: slice figs in half, drizzle with honey, add a dollop of goat cheese (chevre), and one marcona almond. Broil for approximately three minutes, or until the top of the fig is lightly caramelized.


Next, we made one jar of pickled figs. Also a simple recipe: water, sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, and figs. Boil equal parts vinegar and water. Add one tablespoon salt, two tablespoons of sugar. Put figs in jar, and fill to top with the hot liquid. Keep figs in fridge. We'll see how these turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment