Popular Posts

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Austin, Texas

While visiting my hometown of Austin, Texas recently I was presently surprised by the amount of GF options available at many restaurants. Old standbys (Ruby's BBQ) and Guero's Tex-Mex (with new GF menus!) are encouraging for Celiacs like me and other people with gluten intolerances. Keep up the good work, Austin! As I left Austin, I had to have the required Amy's Ice Cream in the airport -- I went for Mexican Vanilla with Praline Sauce. Heavenly.



While in Austin, my mom bought me the Homesick Texan cookbook! I love it. The only recipe I've tried so far is the Texas Chocolate Chewie cookies, and they were awesome! The recipe itself is gluten free without any modifications needed -- I encourage you all to check it out! I made these cookies for a dear friend's birthday celebration -- and because I cooked, all of the dishes ended up being gluten free -- and I don't think anyone minded or missed the bread!

If you know of other great GF options in Austin, let me know.

Til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment