Popular Posts

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summertime BBQ!

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the barbecue of a dear friend. We were celebrating her graduation from graduate school (congratulations, Monique!)

There were tons of gluten-free options (thank you, Monique!).

Some of my favorites were carrots, grilled and glazed with GF soy sauce, honey, and olive oil. A new favorite of mine will be grilled corn with miso butter and togarashi spice. So delicious!

We also enjoyed some standards, such as Polish sausage, veggie kabobs, and cabbage salad with peanut dressing.

I brought these little cake things called Salvadoran Breakfast Cakes, credit to Sasha's Global Table Adventures for the recipe (which is so good and simple to make).

I made the original version, and also created a savory version. This cakes pass the gluten test (meaning non-Celiacs think they're delicious, too!). I highly recommend you try these!

For the savory version, I added habanero salt, chives, minced garlic, and extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Happy Sunday, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment