Popular Posts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tomato Jam & Beet Goat Cheese Dip





Hello all!

It's been awhile since I've posted, I spent the last week traveling for work to the nation's capitol. It seems like I missed the best week of summer here in Portland!

Lucky for me, the weekend was absolutely gorgeous. I went to the best farmer's market around, and purchased some delicious vegetables, and saw some beautiful flowers.






As you can see, tomato season is in full force! We purchased a number from the market, and also harvested quite a few from our yard.






We made tomato jam with these tomatoes. It's pretty fantastic, I recommend you all try it! I modified the recipe a bit by using one cup of brown sugar and one cup of white sugar, and instead of cooking on the stove, I let the goodness cook in a large Crockpot on high for five hours. Delicious!
Beets are also in season. To put the beets I purchased at the market to use, I decided to make a beet goat cheese dip. Here's the recipe:

  • 3 small beets (roast skin-on for an hour at 350). Allow to cool, remove skin, and chop finely.
  • 4 ounces goat cheese (chevre)
  • 1 clove garlic (minced)
  • 1/2 tsp smoked serrano sea salt (regular sea salt would work, but flavored salt adds an additional punch)
Puree all ingredients together until smooth. Serve with crackers, cheese, and fresh vegetables or crudite.



Thanks for reading! Til soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment